MXAlaska
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improving the club finacially

+3
Sm468
John Lynn
Kawasaki164
7 posters

Go down

Improving the club finacially  Empty Improving the club finacially

Post  Kawasaki164 Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm

I have a concern and suggestion to arl I was made aware several months ago that board members (including the president) did not have to pay race entry fees for themselves and their kids. This I think hurts the club substancially. If everyone paid entry fees it could pay for industrial sprinkelers to water the track which arl should have by now and I'm not talking about underground ones just pop up ones to place around the track. I know mrs boylan will have a rude comment but has anyone seen board members wait in the sign up line? I'm trying to voice my opinion since I thought that this forum was for. I am a paying lions member and have been for several years this club is going downhill and we need everyway possible to bring in money.

Thanks,

Michelle Downey 164
Paying ARL member

Kawasaki164
Users

Back to top Go down

Improving the club finacially  Empty Re: Improving the club finacially

Post  John Lynn Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Let's remember the amount of work (and grief) that the board members endure for the club's benefit.
John Lynn
John Lynn
Users

http://www.anniesjewelry.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kawasaki164 Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:43 pm

I agree they donate alot of their time and effort to the club but arl is shrinking and given the current state of the club I think to better the club finacially they should put in their share of money just like the rest of us. Remember they volunteered for those positions and this is a non profit organization that is struggling.

Kawasaki164
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  Sm468 Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Let me correct you - they do not volunteer themselves for the board positions they are VOTED IN by THE MEMBERS. Another point - it was posted on this website at the beginning of the season for MEMBERS to try and help pull in more sponsors which is where a majority of the clubs monies come from. Sign ups and membership fees are only a small portion of monies the club brings in.

Sue Miller
ARL Secretary

Sm468
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kawasaki164 Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Well mrs miller you are the secretary and you are not forced to be on the board!! maybe you can add up some numbers and let the club know exactly how much money would be contributed to the club if all board members paid their entry fees for themselves and their kids for the whole season! I guarantee the number would be big enough to help out the club. Nothing against board members they do alot but why not maximize the income with what we have while good sponsors are hard to come by. scratch

Kawasaki164
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  boylan racing Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:46 am

Why don't you come to the board meeting? They are open for all members and that way you could see what really goes on and also get to voice your opinion and make suggestions

The Boylan's

Last edited by boylan racing on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mispell)

boylan racing
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  skibumak Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Michelle, this is Jason Szymanski the current President of ARL. I agree with you 100% that this club has to look at all our options for funds both bringing them in but also how we spend them. It was suggested after last years banquet that we change the race for free part of being on the board since we had a hard season prior. We held budget meetings to discuss where to cut costs and actually cut around $3,000 from exspenses and we still looked at doing away with the free racing. It was decided then that if this year was another hard year that it would need to be changed unless we had the income to cover it and grow as well. In Kenai we did not race for free unless our Bank Account was above a certain amount because we didn't want to hurt the club that we spent so much time in helping. For this season our loss was cut in half from the previous year and we have exspanded into doing pull-tabs like Fairbanks does to have a stable source of income for the club. Also all the clubs have the same policy as we do for their boards with free racing, just with lower then usual sponsorship dollars, not doing the pull-tabs sooner and not raising the cost of racing so it can still be affordable to all our member it has become an issue.
As for the cost of the free racing covering the exspense of a watering system well they are far apart on the numbers. What we have done is put in for a Grant from the State for fixing our fence issue by the dunes as well as investing in a watering system either a well or a watering truck its not clear yet what we could afford to do but both options will be looked at. I know its frustrating Michelle when we want the best for the club and we don't know whats going on to make it better. I was out wednesday putting up public notices so we could put in for the grant and most don't even know the work it takes to keep this all going in a growing direction. So trust me on this the Board will have to take a hard look at where we are financially this winter and I hope that the changes we have made and the income we will have coming in through the winter we can keep the club the way it is and still grow with improvements that we need to have done to make the track better.
Michelle I am still the same guy who in Kenai helpped you pick up and start your bike out on the track when you fell and will answer any questions you send to me or call me with. I don't check this news page a lot so if you have any other concerns please email me through MXALASKA.COM and I will do my best to answer them or call you about them ok. have a good day...

skibumak
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  Kawasaki164 Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Nice job trying to get a grant I appreciate the good answer thank you for helping the club better itself I would hate to leave and have it gone due to lack of funding and participants. I have nothing against you and Im thankful to all the people that have picked me up on the track over the years.

Kawasaki164
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  skibumak Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm

My pleasure Michelle and we are trying to make things better but I like to remind myself that we are only human and can only try to do our best and we are not always sucessful but atleast we try...

skibumak
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  OneSeven Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 am

Kawasaki164 wrote:I have a concern and suggestion to arl I was made aware several months ago that board members (including the president) did not have to pay race entry fees for themselves and their kids. This I think hurts the club substancially. If everyone paid entry fees it could pay for industrial sprinkelers to water the track which arl should have by now and I'm not talking about underground ones just pop up ones to place around the track. I know mrs boylan will have a rude comment but has anyone seen board members wait in the sign up line? I'm trying to voice my opinion since I thought that this forum was for. I am a paying lions member and have been for several years this club is going downhill and we need everyway possible to bring in money.

Thanks,

Michelle Downey 164
Paying ARL member

You can't beat politics....specially when its about money.
Really I have no problem with board members not having to pay entry fee's.
They do, do some work and its all well should be non profit to them.
I do believe there is abusing the power using it to let your kid race free with it (unless you dont race then the credit should go to someone)

But I dont believe anyone is truly like that.

OneSeven
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  skibumak Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:54 am

Hey Stevie two things, I don't race dirt bikes and there was suppose to be a race I was to have with you what happened? Did this old fat man scare you? Haha Next year I'm sure...

skibumak
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  OneSeven Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:32 am

skibumak wrote:Hey Stevie two things, I don't race dirt bikes and there was suppose to be a race I was to have with you what happened? Did this old fat man scare you? Haha Next year I'm sure...

Hey bud

Our race is still on.
Bet on it, I actually had to come to Poorland and few days earlier then planned for school stuff.
I have been training for it since I got here... Ill be ready....Even got me some running shoes...

OneSeven
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  nornevrder Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Maybe have some open groomed watered practices on off race weekends.

nornevrder
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down