MXAlaska
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Janise Cohen for secretary

5 posters

Go down

Janise Cohen for secretary Empty Janise Cohen for secretary

Post  elancohen92 Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:02 pm

My mom is going for secretary! We have been around the club for years and put in some volunteer time. Found sponsors for race days, a lot of track prep, and even made a cake this year for the auction. Vote Janise!

elancohen92
Users

Back to top Go down

Janise Cohen for secretary Empty Re: Janise Cohen for secretary

Post  Kawasaki164 Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:02 pm

I'm voting janise! Way to go!

Kawasaki164
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  elancohen92 Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:47 pm

cool, thanks!

elancohen92
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  flyhigher Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:09 am

I'm voting for miller. My family made 4 cakes for the auction ... That was kind of you to do but it isn't a good voting prop ;-)

flyhigher
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  Kawasaki164 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:43 am

Jeeze "flyhigher" way to be a hater gosh

Kawasaki164
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  elancohen92 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:27 am

im sorry that i race motocross with insurance!

elancohen92
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  flyhigher Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:18 am

I'm not a hater but to vote for someone who throws a fit about a racer from the states racing up here for fun not taking any points or cash in a class makes no sence to me at all. That takes the fun out of racing. I'm done discussing this now. Have a wonderful winter 

flyhigher
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  kpnone Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:35 am

Quit whining. I'm voting for Janise. !!!

kpnone
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  elancohen92 Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:36 am

flyhigher wrote:I'm not a hater but to vote for someone who throws a fit about a racer from the states racing up here for fun not taking any points or cash in a class makes no sence to me at all. That takes the fun out of racing. I'm done discussing this now. Have a wonderful winter 
so you think he didnt get money?! ha your obviously a joke! and that isnt my mom, it was me

elancohen92
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  elancohen92 Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:38 am

flyhigher wrote:I'm not a hater but to vote for someone who throws a fit about a racer from the states racing up here for fun not taking any points or cash in a class makes no sence to me at all. That takes the fun out of racing. I'm done discussing this now. Have a wonderful winter 
Who are you anyways?

elancohen92
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  OneSeven Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Why is it a problem if a racer comes up from the outside and races for cash only, cash and points, or nothing?

OneSeven
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  elancohen92 Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:36 pm

To me its a problem because of the rule book, it says that if you win more than five hundred dollars with in a year then you must give a social security number. But you cant give one for a fake name. It wouldn't matter if he didn't win any cash or donated it back to the club, but he won a good chunk of change that the club could use for track meitnance or whatever that was needed.

elancohen92
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  OneSeven Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 pm

I think that is the stupidest reason I have ever heard of to be honest.
Since I've began racing back in 04' or even just watching with my family there has been numerous racers that have game up here. From the south that have made for some great riders to watch.

Why should they come up here on their own dime ride on our crappy tracks and not get paid too?
Especially if they are hometown riders like Lamay who has been a great contribution and inspiration in the Alaska motocross community.

I know your a Dane Tudor fan, Dane use to race under a fake name to protect his amateur status down south. Which is legit in my book as our A class riders here down there maybe mid pack B at a local race. Don't compare Casey and Tyler up here to Benny up here. Racing down there is entirely different from the tracks to the pace the aggressiveness and so on. The point being Dane made more then 500$ up here and never gave a Social.

Cody Woodworth is also another local doing that, I'd imagine he is the one you have complaints about? Personally I am more then happy to have him race and take the prize money away as he needs it for racing in the south which is a lot more rewarding then up here. Specially since Cody is trying to make it just like Ben is. You should be proud of those two and support them.

Why you are so butt hurt about that rules beats me. Its just a tax break for the club I believe. The club went many years not doing it for every racer in it until they got a slap on the wrist. Personally its a stupid Censored deal as you are making no profit specially if your are paying for this all on your own like example no parents.

This isn't a new deal this has been going on for 10 years and more. We should be thankful for all the riders who have came up not from Alaska and raced with us. We should be supportive of those Alaskan's in the south trying to make it and show them support when they return home to race.

If your upset cause they are "Messing up Points" get over it dude. Its Alaska, there trying to do more. And you can learn so much to improve your riding just riding and watching them.

Alaska motocross is a dying sport cause of people who act like you do about stupid crap like this, parents who over react over nothing. "Oh my god someone broke their arm off that jump take it out" "So and So is riding under a fake name" "So and so is taking money he won fair and square" "These tracks are to dangerous make all the jumps table tops with huge lips and runways so everyone can make them, that way all the expert riders have to ride wide open all the time and when they crash they really crash and hurt them selves cause the tracks are "TOO" safe and are actually made for mini riders"

Let it go. Enjoy the sport while you can, dumb crap like that just makes you seem like you want attention.

OneSeven
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  elancohen92 Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Well thanks for that.

That rule just came into play within the past 3 years also. Watching those fast guys is amazing but if I can't break some stupid rule, they can break one? It just isn't fair. Its their own decision to come up here and race and we don't ask them to come but they do. When Cody came up here he raced some brand new 250 two stroke that was sitting in someone else's trailer when he wasn't here! All I am saying is if the board is going to let that happen then why cant I race my 250f in a 250 class? (example). Your family is amazing at motocross and have been around the seen for a long time, I know you've seen more stupid stuff to complain about but I wasn't the only one! There was several board members that were not okay with him winning some money. I would love to see those fast guys come up here and pay no race fees so they have a little relief on cash.

This has caused so much drama for me and I really could do without it! I love to race motocross and I pay for my race fees, oil, gas, filters, etc. and it is super expensive for a 15 year old kid with a small check coming in every week. But I am out at the track every weekend, even if i have a broken leg. I just love supporting all my friends and a sport that is just so much fun but thats just the kind of guy that I am and I wont stop!

elancohen92
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  OneSeven Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:27 am

My family is as much with the 2stroke 4stroke thing as you.
But both rules are on completely different aspects and levels.

You got one rule that effects the quality of racing.

and

One rule that is just required by law for them to do, that they really don't care about that nobody would care if it went away.

Your bringing a stick to a gun fight.

OneSeven
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  elancohen92 Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:37 am

im done...

elancohen92
Users

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content